LGBTQ Services

LGBT FertilityThe Fertility Center of Oregon has provided medical and surgical services to the gay and transgender community since its inception in 1976. We strive to provide an accepting and inclusive atmosphere for all, regardless of sexual orientation, marital status, gender assigned at birth, affirmed gender, or nonconforming gender status.


The Fertility Center of Oregon realizes that family building can be complicated and challenging to navigate even during the easiest of situations. We are here to support and help you in finding which option will best suit your needs and accomplishing your dreams of having a child. Please click on the buttons below to get more information on our LGBTQ Fertility Services.

Lesbian Couples & Single WomenGay Couples & Single Men


Goetz Family“It was and is a pleasure to work with Doctor Austin’s team and clinic! We’re on our second journey with our surrogate and Doctor Austin’s clinic now and are very happy to know the pregnancy and the mother of our child is in good hands there. Especially when we’re so far away and cannot experience the pregnancy as close as we’d like to. It is good to know he and his team are there whenever needed, and support and advise our surrogate the best way possible.”
– The Goetz Family


The Fertility Center of Oregon provides cross-gender hormone therapy and puberty delaying treatment for transgender patients too young for feminizing or masculinizing hormones. We offer fertility preservation (sperm freezing, in vitro fertilization, embryo freezing and egg freezing) for transgender people who want to preserve the option of having biologically related children in the future. We provide surgical services, including hysterectomy and oophorectomy (removal of ovaries) for trans men who desire the removal of those organs. In conjunction with the local mental health community, we write letters of recommendation and medical clearance for patients planning top surgery or sexual reassignment surgeries.

NEWS: Starting January 1, 2018, people who were born in Oregon and who need to change their name or sex on their birth certificate to reflect their gender identity may do so by completing a notarized application rather than having to get a court order. Read more here.